Monday, August 9, 2010

Tool #7 - Digital Stories

As I watched the various digital stories on-line, through the blog, I got the idea that you can do pretty much anything with this tool. As I've had the summer to work with these tools and reflect on them afterward I believe the same is true for most of the tools. As I plan on using these tools in the classroom I am thankful for the opportunity to be creative in new ways. I expect the students will enjoy it too. Over the years I've seen their excitement at using the computer, but I have been limited by my lack of knowledge. Now, the sky is the limit!

Having said that, I did get stuck on this tool. I found it overwhelming, and began to feel the pressure of "figuring it out". As all these tools are so new to me, I feel like a student myself and I need to continue to take the time to tinker with them and let them become second nature. I'm sure that as I grow as a learner, it will show in my classroom. I guess that was the point anyway, but what a process!



All tangents aside, I used photostory to create the following video. It is NOT intended to be used as an introduction to triangles. The video mentions, but does not discuss verticies and sides (important prior knowledge for this video). It's purpose is to review and extend thinking about triangles and to connect them to the real world. Also, I intend to have students create videos like it to re-enforce other shapes after having viewed it. If it is their first project with photostory we will create several videos together as a class first, possibly even in small groups with those struggling with their shapes and then present them to the class. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment